Someone a whole lot smarter than me once said, “If you’re not learning, you’re not growing.”
This week we mark the one-year anniversary of the launch of the StackPath Propel program.
Over the last year, we’ve learned a lot, renewed and created relationships with partners we are excited to be working with globally, and most importantly, we’ve had over 100 startups from 5 different continents accepted into the program. We are happy to have been able to support so many incredible entrepreneurs, provide them world class services at no charge, and introduce them to people that will help them grow their businesses. Looking back on this year, we wanted to let you hear from our customers and partners why they are excited about Propel. We are excited as well, for obvious reasons.
Some examples from the last year:
We worked with Apres.io once they joined Propel on many issues, most notably we were able to help the founder meet and bring on his CTO and now co-founder. CEO & founder Matt Waite mentioned to one of StackPath’s founders that, “StackPath’s Propel program is the rare combination of expert resources and accessibility — and it transformed our company.”
Propel fostered relationships within the startup ecosystem with esteemed organizations such as R/GA Ventures . Managing Director Dylan Boyd has long been an integral part of the global startup ecosystem, and we are fortunate to work with him and his team as they help startups from around the world scale, grow, and do amazing things with their technology. “One of the best things about working with (the StackPath ecosystem team) is the dedication to our ecosystem of entrepreneurs and founders. Your innate ability to help with so many issues founders face every day is rare to find. As founders, and successful ones at that, R/GA is fortunate to have partners as dedicated and able as StackPath’s Propel team,” stated Boyd on a recent phone call.
We helped one of our first Propel adopters, EvoEco, to grow its business. EvoEco founder Will Zhou told us in an email, “The help, mentorship, and networking I have received from the team is something I have never experienced before. It’s pretty rare to have one of your service providers roll up their sleeves and help you build your business. I’m blown away by your give-first attitudes. You even secured a complimentary platinum badge to SXSW for me. An event that can be cost-prohibitive for many early-stage startups.”
For all the love we’ve received, we have also learned a great deal about how we can improve Propel for our startup customers. Because of that, we are growing. Here is a list of the changes we are making:
- We have listened to our startups that want to use products and services beyond CDN & VPN. Now, everything we offer our enterprise clients is available and accessible to Propel members. That includes monitoring, WAF, managed DNS – the entire platform of secure edge services.
- We have upped the amount of credit we are offering startups to $2,000/month for 12 months. Translated, that’s a LOT of bandwidth. With that $2,000/month credit, startups can now use:
- 100TB/mo CDN Bandwidth
- 5 VPN licenses
- 50M/mo WAF Requests
- 20 WAF Rules
- 10M/mo DNS Requests
- 10 Monitored Services
- Unlimited CDN & WAF Sites
- Unlimited CDN Requests
- Unlimited CDN EdgeRules
- Origin Shield Included
- All global PoPs Included
- DDoS Protection Included
- SSL Traffic Included
- Members of StackPath’s team are now available to meet with and share their expertise. From marketing to tech to business operations and all things in between, ALL of StackPath’s employees are now startup ambassadors.
- Additionally, we are moving to a more-frictionless signup process so that teams can immediately begin using our products and services.
The complete support of our organization from our CEO to our newest employee gives the Propel team the ability to maintain itself as one of the best resources in the world today for early and growth-stage startups.